Download the plans - click here (220kb)
The land in our proposals is located in the south east of the borough of Amber Valley. It lies to the south of Heanor, approximately two miles from the town centre. The town of Ilkeston is two miles to the south of Shipley Lakeside.
The Shipley Lakeside site is located on the edge of Shipley Country Park. The majority of the Park is to the west of the site. Immediately to the south of the site the land is owned by the Derbyshire Wildlife Trust and used for nature conservation purposes.
The Lakeside site is approximately 112 acres, comprising 81 acres of land and 30 acres of water.
Included in our master plan are...
- re-opening of the Lakeside area to the public
- 307 new homes with the majority to the eastern banks of the lake
- a small business park including office and industrial space to the east of the lake
- an area for training / leisure / education facilities / specialist retail development
- healthcare and potential retirement provision
- pub, restaurant, hotel and conference suite on the island
– the plan also allows for the necessary retention of the Woodside minewater pumping facility, which is necessary to be retained for the control of minewater discharge from the former mining activity within the locality.
Our master plan will provide the foundations for a sustainable development which contributes to healthy living and quality of life for all.